Thursday, September 29, 2005

Starting the day off with a bang

Or a whimper, as the case may be. I made the mistake of eating part of a cookie this morning and not chewing it thoroughly. My internal food police (aka the lap-band) let me know that they wholeheartedly disapproved of my efforts to gulp my food. That cookie got hung up, caused me considerable pain for a good half an hour or so, and then came back to see me. Ugh. I'm feeling OK now - after that, I had some hot tea, and then some soup and a coffee for lunch, and I should be able to eat a little something for dinner. (I hope so - I'm hungry!) But that wasn't a very fun way to start my day. Good to have the occasional confirmation that my lap-band is working as it should, but not an experience I care to have *too* often.

Still no word on the internal position - it's almost the end of the week, wonder if we'll hear tomorrow? We're only here until 11:00 - tomorrow is our company picnic, and the office shuts down early so we can all go. No skipping out allowed - if you're here, you've got to come to the picnic. Our team leader is going on vacation next week, and asked if she could stay here to make sure she gets everything done that she needs to get done before she leaves next week. Nope, gotta go to the picnic. If they won't even let you stay and work if you ask, they must really want us to all bond and get along! LOL

3 comments:

The Anti-Wife said...

What is a lap-band?

Lisa @ The Plain-Spoken Pen said...

Kellie, the lap-band is a form of weight loss surgery. It's a lot less intrusive and a lot less dangerous than gastric bypass, and should I ever decide I don't want it anymore, I can have the process reversed. I can't imagine ever wanting to do that, but the option is available. I'll spare everyone all the technical details - suffice it to say, my insides have not been rearranged, and all the band does is help me eat a lot less than I would have before surgery. It's still up to me to try to make good food choices and work out.

The Anti-Wife said...

Ahhh...gotcha. Well, good for you for taking control of something that will make you feel better about yourself emotionally and physically! I'm all for that (now if I could only walk my talk). :o)