Wednesday, January 11, 2006

The details

The job is a step up from what I currently do. Instead of a trust administrator position, it's a fiduciary services officer position. Lots more responsibility, lots more challenge (which means I wouldn't get bored - a major problem at my current job, the work is stressful because of the workload but I don't get intellectual challenges very often), and a bigger paycheck. The recruiter asked for my salary history, and when I told her what I make currently, she said, "Oh, I think we can do better than that." The salary range for this job? Low end $70,000, high end $90,000! I would just faint dead away, I think. So I'm excited about the interview. If I get the job, I'll be scared shitless.

Brian called tonight. We talked for about 45 minutes, about this and that. He's got something going on (work-related, so he can't get out of it) on my next free weekend (Jan. 20-21), so we won't be able to get together that weekend. Boo. I told him I'd also realized that on my next free weekend following the weekend of Jan. 20-21, I have something on Saturday morning. I have my co-parenting class from 8:30 to 12:30, which I have to have to get a hearing date for my divorce and to get that finalized. He's so sweet - he said we'd just have to make use of Friday evening and Saturday afternoon, then, and I could just point him to a bookstore or library for that time I was in class and he'd be fine. I like him. He said he realized I'd filed on his birthday, and he thought that was kind of funny. I said yeah, I filed for divorce and got puppies that day, it was a good day.

I'm feeling about half like crap, so I'd better get some sleep. I'm debating just taking all of Friday off and going to the doc Friday morning - my ear is starting to hurt, which means the crud is trying to make a comeback. And I don't want to feel barfy for my interview!

G'night!

No comments: