Monday, December 18, 2006

Monday

I'm here. Nothing disastrous has happened yet. It makes me tense.

And this may sound funny, but in some ways it would be a relief if the worst-case scenario came to pass. Yeah, it would be scary as all get out having no job and not knowing when I would have one, but at least I wouldn't be coming in every day to face the sword of Damocles hanging over my head. I'd KNOW where I stood.

I'm reading a book called Inside Every Woman by Vicki Milazzo. It's supposed to help you achieve your goals of a meaningful career and life, and one of the things it talks about is determining what you're passionate about. What are the things you get so wrapped up in that you have to be torn away from them? I'm chewing on that right now. What am I passionate about? My child. The rights and well-being of children in general. Books. Writing. Food. Cooking. Music. Certainly NOT what I do now.

So I'm trying to think - what could I do that would let me work with my passions? Write? Become a chef? A caterer? A librarian? Most things would require time, capital, additional education or all of the above. Still. I've sent off to Texas Woman's University for information on their Master's of Library Science degree - you can do it online, which would work well for me assuming I could get tuition and time to study squared away. I may try my hand at writing. It can't hurt. I may see what I'd have to do to become a caterer or a chef. I can't do anything if I don't know what my options are, right?

No comments: