Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Better

Well, K and I talked a bit. As I suspected, his biggest fear was that I'd move down there and Brian would then be around J all the time, trying to take K's place as J's dad. I told him no way, that the same rule we've agreed to would apply no matter where I lived, and that's that no one spends time with J until I'm fairly sure where things stand, and until K and I talk about it. I told him, too, that no matter what, he's J's dad, and no one will ever take his place. I certainly would never encourage J to call anyone else daddy - he's got one of those, thankyouverymuch. And if I want to go out with Brian while J is with me, then I'll find a babysitter. So we talked, and talked about the jobs I've found, and he said to go ahead and apply for the third one (Brazos River), and I think we both feel better now. Nothing is a done deal yet, but at least we aren't at complete loggerheads.

No comments: