Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Hard to give a crap

You know, I love having my day start off with someone sending me an e-mail telling me I suck. This person isn't directly a client, so I can take it with a grain of salt, but still. I don't like seeing the word "sucks" following my name.

I have clients that want to meet with me tomorrow. I have no idea *why* they want to meet with me. Hopefully they'll give me some clue as to what they'd like to discuss before they get here, so I can actually prepare.

I'm just in a foul mood today. Rotten. I should be at home, far away from people. But no, I'm at work. I have callbacks to make, things to prepare for committee tomorrow, this meeting about who knows what to get ready for, a co-worker who wants me to cross-train her on certain aspects of my job (how this happened, I'm not sure - she just volunteered me to do it, and I really don't like training/teaching people, so that vexes me), research to do, mail to respond to. And today? I'm finding it very hard to get motivated to do the least little thing. It feels like I'm moving through slowly drying cement, like it takes more effort than I can muster just to keep my head from falling over onto my desk.

I wish my interview were tomorrow instead of next Thursday. It's still a whole week away.

No comments: