Monday, August 28, 2006

One miracle coming up!

It's RAINING! We haven't seen rain in I can't remember when, so this is much needed. (That's the miracle to which my post title refers - seriously, it probably hasn't rained in over a month here.)

However, it's not a lot of fun getting into the car in the pouring rain (not just a shower, but a drenching rain) when the garage door opener is broken, and your child doesn't like getting wet. J had his Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles umbrella, and he was all excited. Then he realized he was still going to get wet getting into the car, and he started howling about halfway in the car. I had no umbrella, so I was completely soaked, and I told him that the sooner he got in the car, the sooner he'd stop getting rained on! By the time I got my things in the car and got the garage door put back down, I was soaked to the skin on my backside. Ugh, nothing more fun than cold, wet, clammy clothes sticking to you.

At school, J didn't want to get OUT of the car because he didn't want to get rained on. But once we got in, he was fine - ran off to class with barely a second glance. So that was nice. And I made it to work on time, even with the rain - I was expecting that to really slow down my commute, but it wasn't as bad as I'd feared.

Last night's sleep wasn't as good as I'd hoped, though. J was asleep by about 9:15 or so, but he woke up at 2 AM and climbed in bed with me. Then he wanted milk. Then the milk was leaking from his cup. Then he was just squirmy and restless. And at some point during the night, he pulled off his underpants - I found them in the floor this morning. Thankfully, there were no accidents, and the bed was dry. But still - no underpants.

No word on anything job-related at the moment. I'm doing my best to wait patiently. I could do with a little financial miracle right now, that's for sure. If I don't pay my attorney occupation tax by August 31, to the tune of about $300, my law license will be suspended until I do get it paid. No law license, hard to find a new job. Ugh. I'm tapped out. K is tapped out - I haven't even mentioned this to him because I know it won't do anything other than freak him out. Miracle, anyone?

I'm hungry - no breakfast this morning. And all I have for lunch is soup. That won't cut it. I may have to have some popcorn as well.

At least my clothes are finally drying out.

No comments: