Thursday, September 08, 2005

Another day, another dollar

I've talked a lot lately about hurricane Katrina and topics related to that, and I'm sure I'll talk more about it in the future. But today it's time for a change of mental scenery. As Monty Python would say, "And now for something completely different."

This post in Return to Happiness is partly responsible for the new train of thought. I clicked on links and read about how the increase in gas prices is due to profiteering, saw illustrations of how larger companies work to reduce supply and increase their profit margins, apparently not giving a fat flip about how the consumer is affected or what hardships it might impose on people. And it made me sick. Is it all about the almighty dollar now, and nothing more? And if it is, what is ultimately gained?

I've got more thoughts on this, going in another direction, but I'll have to share them later - it's almost time to get out of here.

No comments: