Monday, September 26, 2005

Well, quelle surprise!

Here's a shocker - C has broken up with his girlfriend (or she broke up with him, whichever). And he coincidentally calls me? Hmm, some coincidence. If he were to ask me out, I think I'd just laugh. A girlfriend asked me if I were still attracted to him, and I could honestly say no. I've been burned twice, and I'm not stupid - I do learn from things that don't work out like I'd hoped, so his chances with me in the future are nonexistent. I'd have to be off my rocker to put myself in a position for him to flake out on me a third time. At least it was a learning experience for me - I realized that nothing could have worked out between us long-term, he'd have driven me batshit crazy (and not in the good way). I just think it's funny that he's calling *now*. I don't hear boo from him for ever-how-many months, his girlfriend bails on him, and I get a phone call. He called again over the weekend. I didn't even hear my phone ring, so he left a voice mail. I do love how life can provide a good chuckle when I need it.

4 comments:

The Anti-Wife said...

Hey you. Men suck. Period.

Now that I got that out of my system, I just got all caught up on your blog (you know...I'm in that same funk you are) and am really bummed to see how sad you've been. I'm not going to be all pretentious and say, "Snap out of it," because I know it's not that easy. I feel so much of what you do day in and day out, but for different reasons (obviously). I hope you get this job Lisa...I really do. I am sending you warm hugs, girl!

Kellie

Lisa @ The Plain-Spoken Pen said...

Thanks, Kellie!

You're right, men do suck. Some days I think I'd be perfectly content to spend the rest of my life single.

And wouldn't it be nice if we *could* "just snap out of it"! Some days, though, that's way easier said than done.

SRH said...

I am not at all that knowledgeable about who this "C" is, but if he is treating you like a backdoor consolation prize, I am glad you are not paying him any attention. Glad you arte not just sitting at home pining away for him. Some of the womenfolk at my work are being sucked into this kind of "relationship of convienience."

Men do, in general, disgust me, I guess that is why I have always been better at making friends and been attracted to women.

Holly said...

Here's to good news on the job from me too! If anyone deserves something in life that makes them happy...it is you my friend! (well, other than our cute kiddos when they aren't mad at is right!!)