Sunday, September 18, 2005

Why am I still up?!

It's stupid late. Almost 2 AM. I may get five hours of sleep if I get to bed in the next five minutes and if I'm lucky.

I watched The Wall tonight. A co-worker loaned it to me - I'd never seen it before. Interesting. Very intense. I'd only had a couple of glasses of wine, and I can see where a little pharmaceutical assistance would make it downright freaky.

I got both a voice mail and an e-mail from C today. When I saw his number on the caller ID of my cell phone, my first response was, "Yeah, right." I didn't answer. (A little reminder - C is the guy I worked with, had a huge crush on for a while, went out with a couple of times after the separation, and then had him totally wig out and disappear on me.) He left a message. Then I saw he'd sent an e-mail after he'd called. A big, big part of me says, "What nerve, I haven't heard boo from you in six months [give or take] and now you're wondering how I'm doing?! Whatever." But a little part of me is kind of sad, wondering what might could have been if we'd never gone out until things were officially settled between me and K, and if C hadn't needed to grow up quite so much.

I'm going to bed. Tomorrow (today) is going to be a serious coffee day, I can tell you that.

No comments: