Tuesday, September 13, 2005

One technical glitch down...

My printer (an HP Photosmart, which I'm quite pleased with) suddenly started printing ve-e-e-e-ery slo-o-o-o-owly. I tried everything I could think of, looked for info on the HP website, even uninstalled and reinstalled the software and printer. All to no avail. Then tonight I noticed a message on the printer screen saying that black ink cartridge #56 had failed. I popped in a new black ink cartridge, and voila! Good as new. Now I'll know what to try first if it whacks out like that again.

Now, if I could just get my iTunes problem resolved. I got an iPod several months ago (a Mini, which apparently is on the way out - oh well, I was never much of a trendsetter anyway! LOL), and there for a bit, it worked wonderfully. iTunes burns CD's at amazing speed, so I really liked that. Then I split my AOL screen name off from the account that K and I had shared and set it up as my separate account. To do that, I had to reinstall AOL 9.0. That's when the problem started. Now every time iTunes starts, I get an error message saying iTunes has encountered an error and had to close, sorry for the inconvenience. I tried using the "send error report" feature, but that didn't do any good. I checked out the message boards on the Apple site, and found some info that I thought might help. I scrupulously followed the detailed instructions for uninstalling and reinstalling iTunes - several times. All to no avail, I kept getting the same damn error message. I have no idea what's causing the problem, why reinstalling AOL 9.0 would be an issue when I already had 9.0 on the computer before I split off my screen name and it was working fine, or how in the world to FIX IT. All I know is, I want my iTunes back, dammit. I want to be able to actually use my iPod - never mind that it takes a good 45 minutes to download one song on my poky-slow dial-up connection, I want to be able to do that and to have the songs on my iPod instead of just on my computer. If anyone has any thoughts, please share. I'm about to call Apple and say, HELP!!!!

I found a listing on a local bar association website for a tax attorney position with a firm that used to do some work with my previous employer. It's in the same general area as my current job, so the commute wouldn't be any longer and I could still walk to Curves on my lunch hour. The pay would no doubt blow what I currently make right out of the water, and I might even get paid parking, too. The only possible snag is that they want someone with an LL.M degree, which I don't have (and which I have no real interest in getting - too much expense, it would probably take me several years going to school at night, and where would I find time to study?). I'm hoping my experience will count for something, because right now my current job just seems to drag me down more by the day. I know this isn't what I went to law school to do, that there's got to be something better out there, I've just got to find it. We'll see if this tax attorney position is it. I've sent my resume and cover letter, now I just wait.

I'd better go on to sleep - I've been oversleeping every morning, and that's not good. More later!

1 comment:

Lisa @ The Plain-Spoken Pen said...

Cassee, I don't know how it moved things back up - it just did. I didn't do anything different. So I have no helpful suggestions to offer! I hate it when my posts get out of whack like that - hope yours straightens itself out soon.