Monday, September 12, 2005

Monday night - do you know where your brain is?

I think mine must have gone on vacation without me. I'll think of all sorts of things I'd like to write about at times when I don't have time to come here and post - deep, profound, meaningful things, no doubt. But now that the house is quiet and I could take the time to write, well, the possible topics of discussion have just leaked right out of my ears.

So y'all get to hear the excitement of the evening - I managed to get a sleeping J out of bed, change poopy pants, and get him back in bed without waking him up. I was pleased. My life - it's a thrill ride every day, I tell ya.

Family is now staying in K's apartment and K is staying here. How's that for God having a sense of humor? We worked and waited for so long to get things situated to where he *could* move out, and now he's back here. Not permanently, to be sure - it's not like he's moved back in, lock stock and barrel, he's just staying while family is here. I'm glad we get along well enough to do that (it's funny, we're still really good friends, we just bring out each other's worst when we try to fit into the "marriage" mold), and while family is here, we'll no doubt take advantage of their offer of a night of free babysitting and go out to dinner or something. (How stupid would we be, not to take free babysitting when it was offered? LOL) But I do miss having my space to myself (well, as much as you can say you have space "to yourself" when you have a three-year-old who follows you everywhere, including into the bathroom). I know I won't really have a "free" weekend (as in, a weekend where J is with K and I have some true alone time) until family leaves, and I don't know when that may be - it may be weeks yet before they're allowed to go back home on any kind of permanent basis. I'm glad we're in a position to help them, but boy, I miss my own space. What a time to run out of Wellbutrin, huh? I'd better get that prescription refilled ASAP, or my head might just pop off.

What really bothers me is that K's mom (the mom who raised him - it's his birth mom here now) is thinking/hoping that all the goings-on with family and the hurricane will somehow work to get K and I back together. Ugh. So when that doesn't happen, she may be hurt and upset and disappointed all over again, just like when K told her about the separation. I hate that, but I can't think of any way to avoid it.

I'm going to sleep. I've got to find the energy to slog through another day of work tomorrow. Double ugh.

2 comments:

The Anti-Wife said...

I cannot -- for the life of me -- imagine what it would be like to be separated and then shack up again with no intentions of reconciling. UGH. That would be hard.

How come you two haven't finalized the divorce?

Lisa @ The Plain-Spoken Pen said...

You know, I'm not really sure. Part of it has been for financial reasons - both of our finances were so crapped up for so long that it didn't make sense to get things tied up with a court order knowing that one or the other of us might not be able to meet that court order at times. Better, we figured, to wait until those loose ends were squared away. And I don't know if this is a good idea or not, but his parents took the separation so hard that neither of us had the heart to tell them right off that the possibility of reconciliation was pretty much nonexistent. That may end up doing more harm than good, but it's one of those seemed-like-a-good-idea-at-the-time things. And now, with family up from N.O. for who knows how long, it's just not a good time. Maybe there won't ever be a good time and we just need to bite the bullet and have done with it, I don't know. All that to say, I don't really have a good, concrete answer to that question.