Friday, September 02, 2005

Some good news

K went to Louisiana yesterday to pick up N and J, his bio mom and her fiance. He took some gas, money and food for them, and they're on their way back to Texas. They spent last night at K's parents' house, because they were just wiped out. They'll be staying there tonight, and then coming here tomorrow.

I've been talking to them a lot today, and K's mom said N just can't tear herself away from the TV. She hadn't seen the pictures of the damage, and Mom said she just cries and cries. I did talk to N just briefly, and she sounds so very, very down. With good cause, too. I can't even imagine. She's worried sick about her mother and her siblings.

Some good news, though - I'd posted on a forum looking for her sister and brother-in-law (the only ones whose last name I could remember, and a fairly unusual last name at that). I got an e-mail from the brother-in-law's cousin - he said N's sister and brother-in-law are safe, their house is safe, and they could be reached by cell phone. I cried when I read that e-mail. We've got four other siblings and a mother still to track down, but at least we know one bunch is safe. I e-mailed the cousin back and gave him a bit of info about who we had over here, and asked him if they had any info on other siblings or on their mother. Hopefully I'll hear back. I called to let N and J know, and they were just crying. 'Scuse me, I'm going to go cry some more while I clean my house - I've got company coming!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Holly said...

OH wow! I am so glad you heard from some of the people you were searching for. This is just all so surreal. A friend of ours in Houston said they were feeing in Louisiana TV news since so many have come to TX and they wanted to have some "hometown" programming for them. I hope you guys hear from everyone you are concerned over!