Saturday, September 23, 2006

Another day

I'm not crying anymore, although I still feel like I've been beaten with large sticks. I must have been tired - I laid down with J last night about 9:45, 10:00, and we both slept until after 7:00 this morning. I left lights on, left the computer on, and slept straight through. That's the first night I haven't been rudely awakened by a little boy's pummelling feet in a while. So I may be seriously down, but at least I'm well rested for once.

Logically I know there's got to be a better job out there. I just have to buck up and keep looking.

Today's agenda is pretty low-key. J and I are about to go run a few errands here in a little bit. I'm going to do a little laundry. If I get really motivated, I'll do a lot of laundry and clean some, too - I'm sure having a cleaner living space would improve my mental outlook. I'd thought about trying to get a load of stuff to drop off at Half Price Books for a little extra cash, but a trip there would likely mean J would find 42 different things he wanted, and I'm not sure that's a battle I'm willing to fight today. So Half Price may have to wait until I'm by myself.

On the bright side, I did get a new cell phone yesterday. Nice to have one that will actually ring when I get a call. I also went ahead and got the Bluetooth headset - I spend enough time in the car and doing other things around the house while I'm on the phone that it will be nice to have the wireless headset and not actually have to pick the phone up. It was more money than I planned to spend, but I can't go until I get the maximum discount (in October 2007) with a phone that only lights up when I get a call.

And Brian is coming up next weekend, so that's something to look forward to.

Now, if I can only figure out a way to somehow improve my attitude about work....

No comments: