Friday, September 15, 2006

Oh, what a night

Last night, I saw that the coffee-cup sized blotch on J's leg (where he'd gotten his shots) had gotten bigger. It now covered most of his upper thigh, and nearly wrapped around to the back of his leg on one side. The outer edges were dark red, the inside was lighter red, with a light purplish band in the middle. It looked so much worse that it kind of freaked me out, and I decided a trip to the ER was in order. K met us there, and we checked in, saw the triage nurse, and waited. As we were waiting, J's pediatrician came by (she was there for something else). She saw us and stopped to ask why we were there. So she looked at J's leg and said it was nothing to worry about - just what the nurse said about him fighting the shot and some of the vaccine going into fatty tissue. So I got my $50 check back and we went home! J was wound up six ways to Sunday, and didn't settle down until after 11:30.

And I guess I was tired, because I fell asleep with him and didn't wake up until after my alarm went off this morning. I left lights on, left the computer on - just sacked out.

Now it's time to get ready for another fun and exciting day at the office - woo. It's my late night, so I'll be there until 7:00. Whoopee.

3 comments:

Nell said...

I would like to see a picture of it if you have a digital camera. A lot of the kids I nanny for have weird reactions to shots and I'd like to see this one for myself.
~danelle
danelle62@gmail.com

Lisa @ The Plain-Spoken Pen said...

Nell, I didn't see this until I was at work. K is taking J to the doctor this afternoon, I just posted all about that, and this is K's weekend with J. I've got a digital, but likely won't see J until Sunday. I can take a pic of whatever it looks like then and send it to you.

Now there are lots of raised, fluid-filled blisters on both sides of his leg - hence the doctor visit this afternoon.

Nell said...

Oh well poop.