Saturday, July 02, 2005

Back from the wars

The mall and Toys R Us on a Saturday afternoon, what was I thinking?! Wars, that's what it felt like. Went to Toys R Us first - J is going to have a dandy birthday, indeed. I got the big thing from the grandparents, the Thomas train table. He's going to flip out over that - he hollers for one every time he sees it (in other places, I'm not crazy enough to take him into Toys R Us, that would just be ugliness). He's also getting some tracks and trains from his grandparents. I also shopped for presents from mama and daddy - Little People (which he loves, anything at all Little People) and My First LeapPad with Wiggles and Thomas books to go in it. Realized as I was leaving that I forgot to buy a playboard to go in the train table (the table is basically just four legs and an open frame, you need the playboard to have a surface to actually play on) - I had to order that online when I got home.

I picked up J's party invitations at Little Gym this morning - we're having his party there. I thought, hmm, prepare for and entertain and clean up after a herd of three-year-olds at my house, or have the party at Little Gym, where all I have to do is show up and bring the boy and cake? I opted for Plan B. Now that I have the invites, I've got to figure out who we're inviting.

And I'm hurting now. I was bringing stuff in out of the car after my shopping excursion, and I set some down right in the washroom as I was coming in, without bringing it all the way in the house. On my next trip in, my foot somehow caught the stuff I'd left close to the door, and I fell hard on my left knee. I'm pretty sure swear words were said on my way down. It HURT! I had to lay there for a minute to make sure nothing was seriously injured, and to figure out if I was hurt enough to call K. I decided I was mostly all right, and when I found I could stand up and walk, I figured I was going to live. I've put ice on it, but my left knee is really puffy and I'm going to have a mother of a bruise by tonight. OW. And J got my clumsy gene - poor baby.

Not sure what I'll do with the rest of my evening. I think I'll have a bubble bath and read my book. I'm reading Angry Housewives Eating Bonbons for my book club. It's a total chick book, but I'm really enjoying it. I like the characters, and I want to see what happens next. So, bubbles, a book, and a nice glass of wine - I think that sounds lovely.

No comments: