Friday, July 01, 2005

Off and running

I totally overslept this morning - woke up at 6:42 when I heard J playing in his room. I didn't hear my alarm at all, I have no conscious memory of turning it off. I'm thinking I need more sleep!

We got out the door fast enough, I managed to keep the TV off and get J dressed in fairly short order (although he insisted it wasn't time for school! LOL). I was glad I'd packed his things for the weekend with K last night - no way would I have had time to do it this morning. Daycare drop-off was rough again - J was fine up until we got to where he'd go to watch TV before class, and then he started hanging on to me and asking me to pick him up. He screamed when I left, again. I'm not crying over it anymore, I'm just resigned to it. I kiss him and go, that's all I can do - me staying longer won't make it any better. What happened to my little boy who'd run off happily with barely a backward glance? I miss that. I hope this clingy spell ends soon. I can't figure out what starts the clinginess up any more than I can figure out what makes it stop. Don't kids get past separation anxiety at some point?

I was late to work - oops. I had to stop and put gas in the car, and of course I had to fortify myself with a peppermint mocha. Work leaped up and required my attention as soon as I got here, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. Hopefully the time until we get to leave at 3:00 will pass quickly.

My July horoscope sounds pretty promising! Sounds like good things are in store financially and on the career front, and all I have to say is, it's about damn time. The horoscope makes for interesting reading, especially given the timing of upcoming events on my calendar. We'll see what develops. More money would certainly be welcome right now - maybe then I could actually start saving instead of spending all the time.

I'm really looking forward to time to myself this weekend. Sure, it would be nice, on "my" weekend, if I had plans to go out - it's always easier to make plans on the weekends I'm by myself. But I'm kind of glad I don't have any dates on the agenda. I need some time to be by myself, to be quiet, to recharge. I don't get nearly enough of that. So this weekend, I may read a book. I may take a bubble bath. I may make a batch of candles. I may just sit on my sofa and listen to the silence. I don't think I'll even turn the TV on. The more I think about it, the more I'm really, *really* looking forward to this time by myself.

I'd better get back to work - much to do in the next five hours!

No comments: