Friday, July 01, 2005

Home alone

J is with his dad, and the house is quiet. There are oh, so many projects I could work on, so many things to clean out and throw away and organize, but I just don't want to do that right now. I think I'm still getting used to the idea of unfettered time to myself, time where there are *no* demands on me, that I'm not quite ready to use my free time for anything that seems like work.

The house is awfully quiet, though. I know J is fine with his dad, I know they'll have a good time, and I know I need the break once in a while. But still...veeeeery quiet.

Would it be really wrong to just eat brownies for supper?

4 comments:

Red said...

Heh...guess who's coming to dinner?

(Odd Wife, that's who!)

Lisa @ The Plain-Spoken Pen said...

Well, come on over, girls - brownies and margaritas all around! :)

Jay said...

What? Leave us guys out? Nuttin' like brownies and 'ritas!

I'll bake, you blend- or vice-versa!

Jay
(at home alone too)

Lisa @ The Plain-Spoken Pen said...

Jay, you're more than welcome - I never turn down good company. The brownies are already baked, so you can be in charge of the drinks!