Thursday, July 21, 2005

Dashing past

Just a quick note - it's been crazy at work, and I'm not sure how much time I'll have to write this weekend, given the upcoming family visit and J's party and all.

Today has been a zoo. One of my accounts has just burst into flame, and it's going to be a mess to take care of. But we'll muddle through, I reckon.

J still isn't sleeping worth anything. I'm sure he'll be far too excited to sleep much this weekend. Maybe next week I'll get a good night's sleep?

K's parents are coming tomorrow. Should be interesting, given that his mom originally asked K, when he told them what was happening, if he had to get an apartment, couldn't he just get a hotel for a week or two. *SIGH* I love his parents, and I'm really sorry if this hurts him, and I don't want them to get their hopes up that K and I will patch things up and go back to the "perfect" marriage everyone thought we had. K and I are friends, always will be, and it's likely that we'll continue to spend time together and do things on occasion. And he's a good dad to J and loves his son dearly, and I love him for those things. But do I feel the love for him that's needed to sustain a marriage? No. That shriveled up and died a long time ago. So I'd hate to see his parents hurt more by continuing to hope for a reconciliation, and be that much more disappointed when it didn't happen. But I love them, they're family and always will be, and hopefully they'll be so glad to see J and spoil him rotten that the weekend won't degenerate into conversations about the whys and wherefores of K and I's marital issues.

OK, gotta wind things up before I get out of here - I'll write more when I have time.

No comments: