Sunday, July 03, 2005

Sunday night

It's been a big, busy day! J was back home around 10:00 this morning - he wakes up ready to come back to the big house, I think. LOL One of his little classmates had a birthday party this afternoon, at the McDonald's here in town, so we went to that. J started with his usual new-place-large-crowd routine of "I want to go home." I convinced him to eat some fries, then stay for ice cream and cake, then stay to see his little buddy open presents, and he did. Every present his friend opened, J looked at it and said, "I like that! I want that for my birthday! My birthday's coming up!" He's too much. And as soon as the presents were done and the cake was cleared away, he stood up and said, "Mama, I'm ready to go home now." So we came home. He's getting better about big group settings like that - he still asks to go home, but he doesn't have howling fits as much over it. I'm glad.

He must have been tired - he was asleep by 9:00 tonight, a bit earlier than his usual 9:30 - 10:00. Even the noise from the neighbors' fireworks hasn't disturbed him. And once he got into bed, I don't think I heard a peep from him. I wish every night could be this easy, and I hope I don't pay for the easy bedtime by having him wake up even earlier than usual ("usual" is about 6:30).

No big plans for tomorrow, just hanging out here, playing with J, doing laundry, exciting stuff.

And I thought I'd finally share a pic of myself - tried to add it in my profile, but I got an error message saying the URL was longer than the 68-character limit (and I'd like to know, how do I have any control over *that*?!). So here's my smiling face:



And now I think I'll take my smiling face and go get some sleep, just in case the two-legged alarm clock goes off earlier than usual. Hope everyone has a very happy and safe 4th of July!

3 comments:

Jay said...

Lisa,

I didn't have a mental image of you so it was nice to be able to put a face with the person.

What is it with all you bloggers posting pictures of yourselves? Are you trying to lose your anonymity?

I'm thinking of removing mine from my profile. Fine if they see it when visiting the blog but I'm not sure I want it attached to the profile. Not sure yet.

If you really want yours in the profile it needs to be small (under 50kb file size). Then just post it to your blog. After that find the url of the image (right click on the photo and "copy shortcut" if you're using IE) Paste that into the photo line when you edit your Blogger template. You can then delete the blog post with the photo in it.

Jay

Lisa @ The Plain-Spoken Pen said...

We're all posting our pictures because we're just shameless exhibitionists at heart! LOL (Oh, wait, that would be a different kind of picture, wouldn't it?)

I'm OK with mine not being in my profile - the one here will suffice for now. Thanks for the advice, though - if I ever decide to put a pic in my profile, it will come in handy.

Anonymous said...

been reading your blog for quite sometime, happy to put a face to all the letters.
RON