Monday, July 25, 2005

You heard me, I just don't care

That's how I feel today. I'm mentally and emotionally not in the mood to be at work. Not really sure why, if it's post-party letdown after J's big weekend, or what, but I'm really struggling to focus today, struggling to give a damn. I'd like nothing more than to be home in my bed, asleep, right now.

But the weekend was fun. Grandparents came, J got more toys than we have room for, and he was thoroughly oversugared and overstimulated. And thankfully, wiped out - he was asleep by 8:30 both Saturday and Sunday nights! And Sunday morning, he woke up asking for milk at 6:20 and WENT BACK TO BED for another hour. That has *never* happened, so I know he was tired. This morning he woke up at 5:45, but at least he went to bed at a decent hour and slept all night.

The party was great. If anyone has a Little Gym close to them, and has a young child, I'd highly recommend having a party there. They were great - they set everything up, cleaned everything up, kept up with who gave what gift (so we can do thank you notes), and it just went so very well. Worth every penny!

And now I'm back at work. I'm not sure why I'm in such a funk. Everything and nothing, I guess. I'm thinking more and more about not trying to meet new people right now. That's a real energy drain - it's a lot of work, getting to know someone and being concerned with putting your best foot forward and all that, and I'm not sure I have the energy to spare right now. I'm not 100% sure of this, but I'm getting closer to really deciding to do that.

I'll write more later - I really must force myself to work.

No comments: