Sunday, July 31, 2005

Saturday's reading

I had an astrological/intuitive reading yesterday (based partly on my astrological chart, and partly like what John Edward does on Crossing Over, if you're familiar with that show). She was amazingly accurate. I'll just hit some of the high points. She said she felt like I was married, but that I'd had to take on a lot of the responsibility, that she didn't know if the man I was married to traveled a lot or just wasn't around a lot for whatever reason. I told her we were separated. She said she felt like I still cared about him, but that she didn't see me staying married to him. She said she saw things starting to happen with a divorce within the next 30 to 60 days. !!! I'll be curious to see how that plays out, being as how we haven't even filed. She said that something may come up about hidden assets, nothing huge, but something like a stash of money hidden under the mattress. She said she sees a lot in images and metaphors, and that the image she kept getting with regard to the man I was married to was that there were still "shadows behind the curtain", meaning that whatever led to our marital problems was still there, that it hadn't been resolved or gone away. She also said she kept seeing another woman around him (there may not be one there now, but that's a big part of what led to the demise of the marriage). She said she got the impression that he was a bit obsessive-compulsive, and that he'd tend to get hung up on little things and not see the big picture (true). I'm sure I'm forgetting things, but it was all spot-on about my marriage and the end thereof.

She said she didn't see me staying in this house indefinitely, that I'd move sometime, and that it would be a move made out of choice and not out of necessity. She said that it might possibly be related to education in some way, and later in the reading she said that she saw that it might be possible for me to send my son to private school in the next few years, and that maybe there might be a move connected to that (as there would likely have to be if I send him to a private school in Dallas - the logistics would be difficult at best if I still lived here). She talked about J, asked his birth date, and said he was born on a master date (11 and 22 are master numbers, he was born on the 22nd). She said he's very intelligent, that he came into the world being able to master something (we'll find out what as he grows up), and that he'll likely be in the gifted and talented program in a few years. She also said it's good that I'm an attorney, because I'll need to argue my case more than once with him! And she mentioned the stubborn streak - um, yeah, I've definitely seen that. She said she sees him doing something creative, not necessarily in the artistic sense, but possibly something with his voice. Maybe singing, maybe he'll be interested in things like the debate team. She also said he won't mind being the center of attention, that it won't bother him to, say, get up and give a book report. I can see that, a little bit - he likes being the center of attention when he chooses to be, he doesn't like to have it thrust upon him. And she said he'll be tall. She's never seen me, has no idea that I'm short, and certainly doesn't know that J is working on being taller than me by the time he hits kindergarten. LOL

She asked if I knew someone named David, Daniel, Don, anything like that. I said I had a good friend in college named Don. Put that aside, we'll come back to it later. She asked if I knew anyone named John, Jeff, James. No one came to mind immediately, but put that aside for a minute. Anyone named Sarah? I work with someone named Sarah, but she's in a different part of the company. She said that she saw that the craziness currently going on in the company (ha, she has no idea! LOL) seemed to lead to some reorganization and that it's possible I may end up working more closely with Sarah (given some of the ideas being discussed, depending on how things fall, I can see that as a possibility). She said she kept seeing a split or a split-off, and asked if the company had been acquired by another company or acquired another company. I told her yes, we'd just finished taking over one company and were about to start on another one. (She didn't know where I worked.) She said that I'm good at what I do, and they won't be wanting to get rid of me (good to know!), and that my job is decent, but it's not a permanent thing for me - she said that it serves me for now. Back to career in a minute.

Then she asked me if I knew anyone named Rebecca. !!! She said that normally when a name comes to her like that right before a session, that it's usually someone important, and that it's not a real common name. I said yes, my birth mom's name is Rebecca. She said that she got the feeling that she wasn't real nearby, and I said no, she's in another state. She then said that she meant this positively, that she liked the energy she felt from this person, but that she was a piece of work. I told her, you have no idea! LOL She also said she felt like she was a good person, but that she wasn't very motherly, and that's true. My birth mom is a good person, and I love her, but she doesn't fit the typical "mom" image. My mother (adoptive) was much more the typical mom, nurturing, baking cookies, going on school field trips, all that good stuff. But anyway, that just floored me that she tossed that name out.

She said I could be single the rest of my life if I wanted, but that she saw me possibly getting remarried within a year or 18 months of being officially, legally no longer married. She said she feels that this man will be very masculine, do all those good manly things, but that he'll also be considerate of others, that he won't be one of these people who thinks he's the only person in the room. She said he'll have brown hair and brown or dark hazel eyes, and I laughed out loud. When she asked what was funny, I told her my husband was blond and blue-eyed, every guy I've been interested in since has been blond and blue-eyed, and my son is blond and blue-eyed, so dark hair and dark eyes would be a real switch for me! She said it's possible that he's the John/James/Jeff (I sure hope he's not a James, there are many bad connotations associated with that name in our family, Jim is my sister's ex and he's a supreme piece of work, and not in the good way!). She also said she felt like K(although she didn't call him by name) would be involved with someone within 6 to 18 months of the divorce. (I told K that, and he laughed out loud and said he should ask her for this mystery woman's name, address and phone number!)

Back to Don. She said she felt like we'd reconnect, get back in touch, but she said she senses that he's happily married. (Yes, with his second child on the way!) She said that there might be something like him telling me he'd had a crush on me way back when, but that she senses that he's more like a brother now, that there's a brother love there. Very true.

She also asked me if I had two children. I said no, and she asked if I'd ever had a miscarriage. I said I didn't think so, but if I had, it had been one so early that I hadn't even known I was pregnant. She said she didn't think that was it, that this would have been something I was aware of. She said she kept seeing two children around me. !!! And she kept seeing a girl. She said that at some point, I might decide to have another child, or that possibly the man I end up with will have a child, but that she definitely saw two. YIKES!!! I'm certainly not planning on having another, so let's hope that whoever I end up involved with has a daughter.

Then there's my career. She said that she really feels very strongly that I will make a career change in the not-too-distant future. Not a job change, but a career change. She said she saw me possibly teaching or instructing, or providing information. She said it's possible that I could start my own law practice, but if that was it, it would be in a completely different area than what I'm in now. She said she gets the sense that I'm a frustrated writer. (Yep. I'd love to write a novel, but can't ever seem to keep one straight in my head.) She said that it could be an opportunity that someone presents to me, but that she feels more like it will be something that niggles around in my head and then one day the idea just occurs to me. She said that whatever it is will likely have a 2 to 3-year building curve, but that my finances wouldn't tank during that time. She said it's possible that this may require more education - maybe another degree, or maybe just a path or course of learning. And it's something where I'll look back in five or six years and think, wow, isn't it interesting how this developed! Sounds good to me.

And I think those are the high points. I was really blown away by some of the things she came up with, and I think it was definitely money and time well spent. I told K about it (well, parts of it, not so much the stuff about him), and he said he wants one now!

I got a lovely gift tonight. After he woke up at 6:40 this morning saying, "Where are you, mama, it's time to wake up!" and proceeded to be a serious grump for the better part of the day, J fell asleep with his head in my lap while we were reading books in bed. Sweet boy. I moved one leg out from under his head, so his head was lying on the mattress. He turned his head to the other side, I managed to get out of bed with a minimum of noise and motion, and he was out like a light. I covered him with his blanket and he's been snoring since. Now, I just hope he doesn't wake up at 5:00 in the morning!

Is tomorrow Monday already?! Blech, it can't be. I'm not ready to go face another work week.

No comments: