Sunday, January 16, 2005

The best laid plans...

Well, I ended up not having my nice dinner tonight. He called and told me he'd gotten sick, didn't want to chance giving it to me and J. *SIGH* He said we'd reschedule soon, he's got a wedding to go to next weekend but we'll figure out a good time. I was rather disappointed, even though I really can do without catching cooties right now (even if I'd had fun catching them! LOL). I saw that he'd called my cell this evening, but since J has been on such a tear (see below), I haven't had a chance to call back. It's late now, guess that will have to wait until tomorrow. I did think it was sweet that he called, though - just to see how I was doing, said the voice mail. :)

And it's been a no-nap weekend for J. Last night bedtime was a breeze, he went right to bed when it was time, was asleep in a flash. Tonight? He was cranky all evening, took a dislike to his pajamas ("no, be nekkid!"), tried to negotiate for more TV when I told him it was time to turn it off, and had a thermonuclear meltdown when the negotiations didn't turn out the way he was hoping. *SIGH* It took 30 minutes, at least, to get him settled down. But he's sleeping now, and hopefully he'll sleep all night like he has been.

Tomorrow I have a big day of shopping and sleeping planned - I'm off, I'm taking J to school, and it will be mama's mental health day. I'm going to Bath Junkie to use some of my Christmas gift cards. Should be fun!

1 comment:

Lisa @ The Plain-Spoken Pen said...

Thanks, Stuck! I'm sure we'll reschedule soon.

Kitti, glad you liked Bath Junkie. You're right, it is a bit overwhelming - that's why I tend to stick with tried and true favorites, rather than branching out with new and different combinations. I had loads of fun there yesterday and found a yummy new combination - lavender, bergamot and mandarin orange. Mmmmmm!!!

L.