Tuesday, January 25, 2005


I feel like I've been offline forever. My home computer is in desperate need of memory. I keep losing my online connection, and it's so slow when I do manage to stay on for more than two minutes at a time that it's not worth the effort to keep trying to reconnect. So probably no posting from home until the memory is upgraded.

Let's see, what all has happened? Probably quite a lot, but I'm playing catch-up at work (was out yesterday, more on that in a minute), so I'll just hit the high points.

*Out yesterday - thought I'd kill two birds with one stone and take care of two appointments, first, seeing about my wrist pain and second, having a little blob removed from my leg. My wrist pain didn't get checked out - I'm going through the workers' comp process at work, and no one bothered to tell me they'd have to investigate first before they could give authorization. (What's to investigate?! I type all day, my wrists have started hurting, they used to hurt less, now they hurt more. There, done.) And of course the doc couldn't diagnose me without authorization. So that was wasted effort. I did use my day off to good advantage, though - took some more things to Once Upon A Child and Half Price Books, got a little cash, had a tiny bit of time to myself, and then saw the dermatologist at 3:00. I liked her - I'd recommend her if anyone is looking for a dermatologist in the Dallas area! I had this little fatty blob taken off my inner thigh - nothing wrong with it, it doesn't hurt, it's not malignant, it's been there for years. It's just oogy, and I was tired of looking at it. So I got that zapped off - it's sore today, but it was no big deal.

*C called (he's the guy I was supposed to go to dinner with last weekend). :) I figured he would, if I just laid low and let him go at his own speed. (I may have mentioned before, he's very deliberate in his actions.) He'd left a message on my cell phone Sunday evening, and I called him back yesterday. (On the message he said he knew it might be short notice, but he wanted to see if he could steal me away for dinner. I thought that was sweet. Points for spontaneity, minus points for not remembering that a single mom might not have the option of spontaneity! LOL) We talked for a bit. He's out of town part of this week on business (he started his own law practice last year), but he said he'd call when he got back and we'd make plans to go out. (Am I reading too much into it, or does "go out" sound more like a date than not? I know we're friends, but if it were me talking to a friend, I think I'd be more inclined to talk in terms of "getting together" than "going out". I know, I'm probably way overanalyzing this.) So we'll see! I'm just happy that he called.

*J is very much into "no". Seems like most everything these days requires an exertion of will on my part, and that's very tiring. I'm trying, though, to take time whenever possible to explain to him why things need to be done the way I'm asking him to do them, why I want him not to do certain things, and so on. I'm trying really hard not to fall into "because I'm your mother and I told you so", and not to let him push me until I snap and yell. Neither of those are good for him in the long run. But it sure does take a lot of energy to try to guide my willful, stubborn, opinionated little man.

*I have my last quarterly review for 2004 with my manager at 11:00. Yikes. I think I've improved since last time, I hope he sees it the same way. Wish me luck!

More later....

No comments: