Saturday, January 15, 2005

Goin' somewhere nice!

Looking forward to dinner tomorrow - we're going somewhere quite nice, and it wasn't my idea. :-) I've said it before, I'm not expecting a blessed thing other than a nice dinner and good conversation and maybe a hug. I'll be sure to update and let y'all know how it goes.

J opted for no nap today. He bounced up and down for a while, then climbed out of bed twice, and that was the end of that. By the end of the evening he'd been up for 14 hours and was so tired he could barely stand up, and it took him about a minute and a half to fall asleep when I put him in bed. So the big boy bed is going well, with the exception of the nap thing. I'm hoping he'll eventually realize that he *can* take a nap in the big bed. Oh, and we've also discovered that if he plays "boom" on the bed (that being, he stands up, I nudge him very gently with one finger, and he falls over - he thinks it's great fun!), the slats under the mattress fall out. AARGH. Time to go to Home Depot and cut a piece of plywood to fit under the mattress.

I watched a movie tonight that probably ranks in the top five most underwhelming movies I've ever seen (Swimming Pool also falls in this category - yawn). Tonight I watched Ju-On, a Japanese horror film, complete with subtitles, that was supposed to be scary as all get out. Our local movie critic just raved about it. Hmph. He must have been smoking something really good, because I just didn't get it. I was decidedly underwhelmed. I tend to scare pretty easily, at least at scary movies, and this just didn't do it. It was basically 90 minutes of people jumping out and saying "boo". Maybe I'm just a cultural ignoramus, but I say give it a miss if you haven't seen it.

Time for bed - I need my beauty rest for my date tomorrow. ;-)

3 comments:

Jules said...

If you didn't like Ju-On, and are collecting underwhelming movies, you should definately get the Suicide Club. It'll leave you shaking your head and asking "WHY".

I though Ju-On was much better than our American version, The Grudge.

Anonymous said...

Have wonderful time tomorrow night!!
Azalea

Lisa @ The Plain-Spoken Pen said...

Sparkey, if Suicide Club is up there with Ju-On, I think I'll give it a miss! And after seeing the original, I can't imagine how painful The Grudge must be. Ouch.

Azalea, no fun tonight - see my post for the sad details. Alas, my nice evening had to be postponed.

L.