Monday, January 10, 2005

Big boy bed!

We have bed! Or at least the bed frame. I dropped J off at daycare this morning, came home, and converted the crib to a full-size bed. (Guys, don't you just love a girl who's handy with an allen wrench? LOL) It looks really nice - I sure hope J likes it, because I'm not putting the crib back together! All we need now is the mattress, and it won't be here until sometime between 6:15 and 8:15 tonight. Sheesh, if I'd known they were going to be that late, I wouldn't have taken the day off work! It's OK, though, I've got plenty to do that needs to be done.

And I'm mentally preparing myself for J totally not sleeping tonight - he'll be so excited, he'll be bouncing off the walls (we've been talking about his big boy bed since Christmas). I had to laugh - this morning I told him today was the day he'd get his big boy bed, that he was a big boy now, and that the crib was for little babies, so he didn't need to sleep in it anymore. I took him out of the crib (my back and shoulders are rejoicing at the thought of him being able to climb into and out of the big bed by himself!), and he pointed to the crib and said, "Little baby!" I asked him if he was a little baby, and he said, "Hum!" Silly boy. :) I'll try to write tomorrow about the first night with the big boy bed - here's hoping it goes well.

I've gotten his room squared away, now I have to clear a path for the delivery guys to get the mattress to his room. The to-do list for the rest of the day includes getting my oil changed, renewing the registration on my car, checking the mail, going by the grocery store (those four are essential), and dropping stuff off at Half Price Books and Once Upon a Child if I have time. I am SO loving cleaning crap out of my house! Granted, it gives me a little twinge to part with some of J's old things. But they're just things, and we can't keep them all. I'm hoping that by his third birthday I'll have all (or most) of my old junk out of there, and it will actually look like *his* room instead of mama's old junky room where he just happens to sleep.

Gotta dash, much to do and the time will go faster than I think!

No comments: