Thursday, January 13, 2005

Just another day in paradise

There really isn't much exciting going on today. Work is work - I've gotten a few things taken care of, gotten to work on a research project, done some routine administrative things, and now I'm just running out of steam. I like the research projects I get to do. I'm keeping an eye out for positions with the areas/departments that are responsible for that sort of thing - that would be a cool job (even if it wasn't technically a legal job).

J had a screaming meltdown at daycare this morning. He's been that way every day this week. *SIGH* When I leave, he just screams and sobs, with tears running down his face. I don't know how to make it any better. He's fine about it all the way there - excited about school, practically jumping out of the car to get there. But when we get into the building, he gets very clingy and doesn't want me to leave. I'm baffled. And it just breaks my heart to walk away from him screaming. I worry that I'm doing him some kind of profound psychological damage, and I wish I could stay home with him.

Other than that, I'm just counting the hours until quittin' time and wondering whether I should walk across the street and treat myself to a peppermint mocha.

No comments: