Wednesday, January 05, 2005

It's a good day!

I'm having to deal with some issues at work, but I'm actually *dealing* with them. I'm getting things accomplished, and hopefully making clients happy along the way. Yay!!!! Maybe I just needed to get a better handle on this job to find it not so bad. The salary still isn't what I'd like, but it no longer stresses me out to the point of insanity (that may change at any given moment, but for now, it's OK). It's a good feeling to be getting things done.

J went to sleep at 10:00 last night - woo hoo, a whole hour earlier, and it only took him an hour to go to sleep. I don't know what to do to get him to sleep. For a while, the routine worked - dinner, bath, a little TV before bed, and he'd go to sleep pretty well on his own. Not necessarily right away, but he'd rustle around for a while and eventually sleep. Now it's getting to where I dread bedtime, because I know it's going to be a pitched battle getting J to sleep. And I don't know how to make it better. I can put him in bed, I can let him holler when appropriate, but I can't make him sleep. *SIGH*

It was in the 70's, now it's cold again, and they're talking about sleet just up the road in McKinney. You gotta love Texas weather.

Back to my regularly scheduled workday....

2 comments:

Lisa @ The Plain-Spoken Pen said...

You're right about that - I don't mind letting him fuss if he's just in there grumping and grumbling and talking to himself, but it breaks my heart to let him full-out cry and scream. I'm hoping this is a phase - he's gone through weird sleep phases in the past where he'd wake up at night or not sleep much or take a long time to settle, and I'm hoping he'll soon get back to a better bedtime pattern. And who knows, maybe getting the bigger bed will help - come on, Monday, I'm ready for the big boy bed!

Lisa

Mo said...

Let him start watching Star Wars (one of the original 3) about 30 minutes before bedtime. The lights and robots should keep his attention long enough so that he stays in one place and mayb ehe'll drop right off. It worked with our two youngest kids.