Monday, January 31, 2005

Vanity, thy name is woman...

I told y'all I had that little blob zapped off my leg last Monday, right? Seemed to be healing up all right. Well, I'm not sure what happened, but all the stitches pulled out last night. OW, OW, OW. K stayed with J, and I wrapped up my bleeding leg and drove myself to the ER. I appreciated that K was staying with J, and told him that would be better than all of us going to the ER - it was getting late, J had skipped his nap, and it would have been hell on wheels trying to keep him contained at the ER. But it sure was a lonely thing, driving myself through the rain last night. Anyway, the stitches popped out, and the nurse checked me out pretty quickly. The cold rag and towel wrapped tightly on it (with an Ace bandage - credit to K for that idea, I couldn't figure out how to keep the rag on the cut, and he suggested that) had stopped the bleeding, so they were in no hurry to get to me after that. And the ER was PACKED. *sigh* Over four hours and a $50 co-pay later, the doctor told me that they couldn't sew the incision back up, that since it had been more than 24 hours since the original incision, it would be likely to abscess if they sewed it back up. So basically, put some gauze and tape on it, and let it heal up on its own. I was all nice and neatly stitched up, and now I'm going to end up with a rather substantial scar. Feh. Maybe I'd have been better off just leaving the damn blob there. And it hurts rather a bit. I didn't get to bed until after 1:00, and J woke up at 3:45 with a poo (he'd gone to sleep at 7:45, thankfully he was open to the idea of going back to sleep - I'd have choked if he'd been up for the day at 3:45!). I was so tired, and my leg was hurting so, that I decided to call in sick this morning. I dropped J off at daycare, and came home and slept from about 7:45 to 12:15. Guess I needed the rest!

Now I'm goofing around here, and watching Bubba-Hotep. It's pretty funny, if you want some good mindless entertainment!

Saturday night - dinner with C. We had a really nice time. :) Good dinner, too.

My leg hurts, I think I'll get off of here and go lay down. That seems to be the only way this doesn't hurt. I hope it heals up quick, this is damned annoying!!!!

2 comments:

Jules said...

I really enjoyed Bubba-Hotep. It's better if you drink a bottle of wine before watching it.

Lisa @ The Plain-Spoken Pen said...

Sparkey, I wish I'd thought of that - that would probably have helped my leg feel better, too! LOL

L.