Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Another year down the crapper

Today is my birthday. I'm 37. When I was younger, 37 seemed positively ancient. Now that I'm here, it's not that old after all. I don't *feel* old (well, not most days).

My mom was right - time really does go by faster the older you get. When I was a child, it seemed like my birthday would *never* get here, a year was forever! Now, a blink of the eye and it's gone.

I'm too tired to have profound thoughts right now. K's mom called to wish me happy birthday, so I'm glad that she and I are still on an even keel. :)

And I got my birthday gift from J last night - money for the new floor fund (or "birthday floor" for short)! His card said daddy thought it was a good idea. :) I can't wait. I'm ready to get that new floor put down RIGHT NOW. My carpet looks like crap and I hate it.

No comments: