Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Crack Brownies

I found this recipe tonight on one of the message boards I frequent. It's been a bitch of a day, I was really craving chocolate comfort food, and I had all the ingredients. Did I sensibly say, no, it's too late, let me wait on this? No, I dashed to the kitchen and started making brownies at 11:30 at night. Here it is, the recipe for wickedness on a plate - I can't take credit for the recipe or the name - just sharing something that's wonderfully easy and sinfully gooooooooood!

Crack Brownies

INGREDIENTS:
1 cup butter
2 cup white sugar
4 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2-1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (optional)


Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 9x13” pan. In a large saucepan, melt 1 cup butter. Remove from heat, and stir in sugar, eggs, and 2 teaspoon vanilla. Beat in 2/3 cup cocoa, 1 cup flour, and salt. If desired, add in semi-sweet chocolate chips and mix well. Spread batter into prepared pan. Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Do not overcook.

No comments: