Saturday, June 18, 2005

So far, so good

Apparently J's weekend with K is going fairly well. I hope K can get out with J, even if it's just going out on the little porch to play instead of staying inside. If they try to stay inside all weekend, they'll both be pretty miserable. And I know he'll get more used to packing J up by himself and going somewhere, I just hate to think of them spending all day in the apartment. K said he didn't get much sleep last night, he kept waking up to check on J. I think he'll be very, very glad when he can get a little house and J can have his own room! J fell off his little bed (an Aero bed on the floor), but it must not have bothered him - K said he thinks J slept most of the night in the floor, snoring away. Anyway, I'm glad it's going OK. I just hope they'll be able to get out and about a tiny bit, it will do them both good.

I'm doing OK on my own. I cleaned up a bit last night, goofed on the computer, played the piano as loudly as I wanted to, and wasn't nearly as depressed about being by myself as I expected. I did turn off the baby monitor - it tends to sound like he's in his room even when he isn't, and I didn't see any need for that. But today I'm going shopping with one girlfriend (who should be here just any minute), and tonight I'm going out to dinner with another girlfriend, and in the in-between times, I'm going to work on my presentation for Monday.

And J will be home tomorrow! :)

No comments: