Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Just a week away...

from my 37th birthday. I've been out of college for 15 years, out of law school for 12 years. My marriage has fallen apart, I'm not setting the working world on fire, my finances are mediocre at best. Is this where I thought I'd be when I was getting close to 40? I don't think so. And if I'm only going to live to be 70-something or 80-something, my life could be half over, or getting close to it. That's kind of depressing.

But on the plus side, I've got a wonderful, beautiful, healthy, intelligent son to love and take care of, and hopefully raise to be a good, loving, wonderful man. And that makes up for a lot of the depressing bits. :-)

I'd better work. I'm feeling some better today - not 100% yet, but not like I want to lay down and die. Hooray for Augmentin!

No comments: