Thursday, June 16, 2005

A good day so far!

It's been a decent day so far.

I had my quarterly review with my manager (which I forgot about until I got to work this morning). It went OK - I don't suck. :) I'm not the best on the team, but I don't suck. No idea if I'll get a raise or not, it wasn't mentioned. I'm not expecting one, so if I do get one, it will just be a pleasant surprise.

I talked to a client who was just glowing in his praise of the work I've done with the family since his aunt passed away. He said they really appreciated the help, and that I've made a hard time easier for them. Wow. Every once in a while, maybe I really do make a difference with what I do here. You hear the complainers and whiners so often, it's really a refreshing change to hear someone telling you what a good job you've done for them. :)

And today was ice cream day! One of the groups that works here in this building was having an ice cream sale - Ben & Jerry's for $2, with the proceeds going to benefit cystic fibrosis. Now how could I pass up something called Chocolate Therapy, and for only $2? And a day with chocolate ice cream just can't be bad.

If I could only figure out some way to get my son to sleep before 9:30, the day would be darned near perfect. I've just about given up on that, though. I don't think he needs a ton of sleep, and it's pretty pointless to try to force him to sleep earlier than he's inclined to go to sleep on his own. That just results in frustration for me and for him.

And he's taken to having the old rotary phone in the bed with him when he's settling down. Here's an example of the conversations he has as he's lying in bed:

"Hello, Charlie Brown? This is J---. Do you want to talk to mama? OK, bye."

And another:

"Hello, Annie-dog. You say woof woof. Bye!"

He just cracks me up. :)

No comments: