Wednesday, June 22, 2005

This morning's doctor visit

Went to the doc today - I'm on Omnicef this time, instead of Augmentin. Only one pill to take each day, instead of four - woo hoo! My blood pressure was up - big surprise there, especially since J was very "no" this morning and chose today, the day I needed to be at the doctor's office at a specific time, to be clingy at daycare. He eventually went off just fine, but it took him a little longer than usual this morning. I jokingly told my doc I thought she should let me try some Valium first, since I figured my blood pressure issues were about 90% due to stress. She said she didn't think Valium would be the best idea, but suggested that I try one of the anti-depressant/anti-anxiety medicines first, to see if that helped. So she's started me on Wellbutrin, and wants to see me in about six weeks to see how I'm doing.

Here's some of the cons I've found re: Wellbutrin: can cause insomnia. And some other stuff, too, like the fact that it can cause seizures, but I don't have a history and I'm not on any other medications that might interact negatively with it.

Some of the pros: can cause loss of appetite and weight loss (I read on one site that it's actually being tested as a weight-loss medication!), can cause increased sex drive (but that's only good if I have someone around to share it with! LOL).

So we'll see if it helps me get a grip on my blood pressure. Hopefully it will.

I've got to work - tons to do, and I got in late because of my appointment. More later!

No comments: