Friday, June 17, 2005

Just a quick note

Today is my late day at work, so I don't have to be in until 10:00. Thought I'd dash off a quick note here before I headed out for a stop at Starbucks and hopefully a better-than-usual drive to the office.

K and I are working toward a more regular alternating-weekend schedule with J. That will be off a bit because of the 4th of July holiday, when family will probably be here - we'll have to adjust a bit around that - but we're shooting for J spending one weekend with me, the next with K. Last night I was packing up some of J's things to take to his dad's house, and I thought, "You know, this sucks ass." Not that K and I are splitting up - OK, there's some wistfulness over that, but I think I've had plenty of time to grieve over the end of my marriage, and I think it's best for us. No, what sucks ass is time away from my baby boy. Yes, I know the break will do me good, yes, I know I *need* some time to myself occasionally, and yes, I know it will make me appreciate J that much more when he's back home. I just hate sending him away - even though it's to go spend time with his dad, even though it's only just for a couple of days. I'm sure there will be times when he's a teenager and just driving me up the wall that I'll gladly send him to see his father, and tell him to stay longer than two days, but right now it's hard. Blech.

Weekend plans include: shopping with one of my girlfriends on Saturday morning, dinner with another of my girlfriends on Saturday evening, and hopefully lots of very productive work on my presentation for Monday. I've also got National Treasure sitting here on DVD - I might watch it tonight. Wow, an actual movie for me on my TV, and something that's not animated - what a concept! LOL

So anyway, if I get on here and whine and cry and act all pitiful this weekend, just know that I'm missing my baby boy. But I know the time will fly by, and he'll be back home before I know it. :)

No comments: