Thursday, June 23, 2005

Thursday morning

I'm better than I was last night. Last night was one of those wallowing-in-my-misery moments. I know they'll come, but hopefully not too often - I really don't like my own company much when I'm in a mood like that.

The A/C guy will be at my house after 4:30 today. So I'm leaving work early, around 3:30, to be there to let him in. I don't think my team lead is happy about me asking to leave early, but it's June in Texas - air conditioning is really not optional when it's still above 80 degrees at midnight. (Note to self: get new air filters, the old ones probably need changing.) And being in the heat probably doesn't do much good for me getting over this crud.

On that note - I do feel better than I have in a while. But now I have this persistent cough that just won't stop! Feels like I'm about to cough up a lung. Maybe that's a good sign, though, if I'm coughing stuff up rather than having it go the other way. It's only my second day of the Omnicef, I'll try to be patient.

Looks like I may have a date tomorrow night - T asked about going out for a belated birthday dinner, and K has graciously agreed to stay with J for me. :) I need to find a babysitter - I know K doesn't mind extra time with J, but I can't expect him to cover for me long-term on his free weekends - that wouldn't be fair to him. But I do appreciate him doing it this time, and he knows I'd return the favor if the need arises. I'm glad we get along well enough that we can do things like that for each other. I know there are, and will be, moments where we drive each other nuts and think, "this is why I don't want to be married to you anymore!" or something along those lines. But I'm thankful that, barring some *real* weirdness (which, given all that's happened, I can't envision what that weirdness could be), we'll always be friends.

I started the Wellbutrin this morning. We'll see if it has any effect on my stress level, and then on my blood pressure as well. I don't feel any different, but then, it does take a couple of weeks to really kick in.

I'm tired. Being up for half an hour in the middle of the night is just yucky. Oh, the house did cool down some after that, although the air conditioner still wasn't cooling things off to where it should have been. But it made it a little easier to sleep, when I actually got to sleep.

Now I'd better work - lots to do, and I'm leaving early!

No comments: