Tuesday, June 21, 2005

The sinus infection that wouldn't die....

Yep, it's back. I feel like absolute hammered shit. I don't care what they say, over the counter "non-drowsy" medicine does too make you drowsy. I feel like I could just crawl under my desk and sleep on the hard, unforgiving floor, I'm that tired. I'm going to see my doctor tomorrow morning - I'm like, give me a shot, give me IV antibiotics, I don't care, just make it STOP. I'm tired of being sick over and over and over. This is very out of character for me, and I don't like it!!!!

And of course today can't be a nice quiet day at work - no, there's shit flying everywhere. Write this letter, approve this transaction, return these thirteen phone calls, stand on your head and write a sonnet at the same time. I could SCREAM. The phone calls should be a treat - always fun to talk when my throat hurts like many bad words and I sound like a cartoon character when I talk.

I'm also wondering how children survive to be school-age. J was all about "no" and "I don't want to" when he woke up this morning. "I don't want to go to school, I want to go to Target." "I don't want those pants!" "I don't want to change!" "I don't want to put my shoes on, I want to watch TV!" I was just about down to my last nerve. Thankfully, daycare drop-off went great - we put his things in his class, and then he ran off happily to watch Dragon Tales before going to class, after being reminded to give mama a hug and kiss. :) Thank goodness for that - if drop-off had been all about "no" and "I don't want", I think I'd have just burst into flame.

I'd better try to work. So sleepy...must...resist...urge...to nap....

No comments: