Tuesday, November 23, 2004

And the icing on the cake...

Didn't write about this earlier, but given the vein of my last few posts of absolute whining self-pity and general bitchiness, I thought I'd toss it out there.

I can relate to The Good Husband's mood in this post. My actual, real life sex life has been dormant for a while now, but there was always the electric boyfriend. Some days it worked, some days it didn't, but generally the little guy was pretty reliable. Well, for the last two weeks or so, I've gotten nothing out of the deal but a nice tingly feeling (and that's fun and all, but not exactly what I was hoping for). So now I don't even have that. Feh. That's OK, I'll just go back to sex camel status (this was sort of a running joke, that I was a sex camel and could go ages without it - I don't think I'm quite that bad now, but being as how I don't have anything/anyone to get worked up about, I'll be all right in my time of drought. LOL).

And kudos to anyone who actually takes the time to read my blog - sure, it does me good to vent, but most days I just don't feel like my life is that interesting. LOL

8 comments:

Sister Sunshine said...

Sex is highly overrated. While I've had plenty of it... in various combinations... I've spent plenty of time without it, too. I can take it or leave it.

It's love: true love, complete with unwavering devotion and loyalty that is hard to come by. If you do... hope you recognize it before it blows right on by!

Jules said...

Have you checked the batteries? ;)

Lisa @ The Plain-Spoken Pen said...

Sister Sunshine, you're right, and I'm certainly not one to make sex the be-all and end-all of a relationship. Heck, until recently, I wasn't even that interested in it! LOL

And yes, Sparkey, I have checked the batteries. ;-) In fact, I replaced them just to make sure. So that's not the problem. Good thought, though.

L.

Lisa @ The Plain-Spoken Pen said...

C batteries, huh? Hmm, I may have to consider that upgrade.... ;-)

L.

Lisa @ The Plain-Spoken Pen said...

MG, alas, Passion Parties and similar things are hard to come by in Texas. At least around here. A woman just a ways down the road in Burleson was arrested and charged some months ago for being a distributor. What, there aren't bigger criminals to catch around here?! I'd love to have a party, I think it would be a riot. And I've been checking out new toys on my very favorite toy website, goodvibes.com - but unfortunately, disposable income is an issue. *SIGH* Oh well, I did without sex for the 26 years before I got married, I reckon a little dry spell won't be the end of the world. LOL

L.

Mo said...

I knew you were in the metroplex area... MG knows Mrs.Webb and just so happens to be a distributor as well. We first started shopping online at Goodvibes, very interesting stuff there as well. MG hasn't done a party in a while (we've been busy), but he arrest was a setup because Mrs Webb pissed off some of the ladies in the Chamber of Commerce. She was a big memeber of he Chamber and they actually tried to pass a dress code because they said that she wore her skirts too short and her shirts too tight. (Bunch of jealous bitches!) If you host a party, you get pretty big discounts kinda like Tupperware but it tickles.

Lisa @ The Plain-Spoken Pen said...

Tommy, how great that MG is a rep! Hey, if she wants to get back into the party business, I'll be her first customer. :) That sucks about Mrs. Webb. Like I said, don't people have more important things to worry about? God forbid anyone should have any *fun*.

L.

Mo said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.