Friday, November 19, 2004

It's official...

I've accomplished exactly jack-shit at work today. It's 4:18 as I start this, and the odds of me doing anything really productive at this point are minimal at best.

Especially given that I'm trying to slide out just a few minutes early so I can stop off and get a present for the birthday party we're going to tomorrow. One of J's little friends is turning 2, and we're going to the party. This will be J's first venture to Chuck E Cheese - he'll either love it or hate it (sometimes things that are really loud/overwhelming tend to freak him out - in some ways, he's a pretty sensitive little guy, in spite of his rough-and-tumble nature and insane passion for all things trucklike or mechanical!). Either way, the party is at noon - right around prime napping time. So I'm expecting that the only nap he'll get will be if he sleeps in the car on the way back from the party. Hooray, a 30-minute nap for an overstimulated boy - no doubt, a fun afternoon will be had by all! LOL

Nothing like a good sugar high to end the work day. There was a wedding shower for someone earlier today (our office is huge, I don't know the person, I didn't go), and they had leftover cake in the break room. The frosting is my favorite part, and lucky me, I was able to get a piece of cake with a big ol' frosting flower on it. This isn't the horrible food sin it might seem - I don't eat the actual cake (it doesn't agree with me real well post-lap-band), just the frosting. OK, OK, I'd be better off completely skipping both cake AND frosting, but the frosting is just sooooo gooooooood that it's hard to pass up! :-) Hey, at least I'm not going back for a second piece to scrape the frosting off of....

No comments: