Wednesday, November 17, 2004


Well, the day started out fairly crappy - OK, make that downright rotten. It actually started last night. It hit me that, no matter how hard K and I try to keep our situation amicable and friendly, our friendship will necessarily change. For the last ten years, he's been the first person I'd think to call when something happened, good, bad or otherwise. That's going to change. Not that we won't still be friends, not that we won't still be able to talk about things, not that we won't be able to work together to raise J. But if we both get out there and meet other people and have other "significant others" in our lives, we'll no longer be the first person the other calls when they've got news to share. And that hit me, really for the first time, and it made me kind of sad.

The weather is still atrocious - gray and cloudy for what feels like about the fourteenth day in a row, and pouring rain as well. That makes me feel down right off the bat - I am a sunshine baby, I much prefer sunny weather with the occasional rainy day here and there, not an extended stretch of gloom.

Then traffic absolutely sucked rocks this morning - weather, wreck or all of the above, I'm not sure, but the highways were a parking lot. I took what I thought would be a faster route on back roads, but missed a turn since it's not a way I go regularly. I ended up where I needed/expected to be, but it took me a lot longer than I'd thought. I didn't get to work until 9:30, and I was about ready to burst into flame by that point.

But then the day started improving. Today is massage day at work, as every Wednesday is - we have a guy who comes in and does chair massages, and I am totally addicted. (It doesn't hurt that our massage therapist is kind of cute! LOL) I'm on the schedule every week, and this week's time was not too long after I came dragging into the office. So I had my 25 minutes of bliss, and that improved my mood tremendously. I do love a good massage!

And our team decided to go for the enchilada special at El Fenix for lunch - all of us, including our manager, so we weren't worried about having to rush back to the office. That was fun! Result: my mood is much improved, and I haven't done a lick of work so far today. Of course, since lunch was early, the afternoon now stretches loooooooooong before me. That's no fun.

But the day is better, and I no longer feel the need to kick something. I'm glad - I'm not in a real bad mood very often, and I really don't like myself much when I'm feeling that way.

No comments: