Friday, November 19, 2004

A surprisingly good morning!

Wow. The day has started off remarkably well (I'm almost afraid to comment on it, for fear of jinxing it!). Daycare drop-off went great. J was shouting, "yay, school!" as we pulled into the parking lot, and as I came to a stop, I heard him say, "Trucks down!" and the clatter of little trucks falling to the floor. (In the past we've had some pitched battles over leaving our toys in the car, so they don't get lost at school - more than once I've lost that battle, and spent the day worrying that a favorite toy might end up lost forever. Thankfully, that never happened, but I'm glad that it's sinking in that our toys don't go to school with us.) When we went inside, we said good morning to the fish in the aquarium and went to the gym. He grabbed his toast and juice and ran to sit down. He looked at me and said, "bye, hug?" So I gave him a hug, told him I'd see him this afternoon, and walked out. He ran after me grumping a bit, and when he got to the door (I'd stopped there and turned around), he said, "hug?!" So I gave him another hug and he said bye and ran off, happy as could be. Much better than a thermonuclear meltdown. :-)

Traffic was great, too. It went so smoothly, I wondered if they'd declared a holiday and no one told me! LOL I made it from daycare to work in about 35 minutes, which is really good. I was amazed.

And it looks like the sun is trying to peek out. I actually saw blue sky this morning, for the first time in about a week!

So now I'm at my desk, hoping the day continues in this positive vein and doesn't suddenly reverse direction and turn to crap on me. Here's hoping!

1 comment:

Lisa @ The Plain-Spoken Pen said...

Kitti, I'm glad you're enjoying my meanderings, and I read your thoughts - interesting! Thanks for sharing them.

L.