Tuesday, December 28, 2004

A change in attitude

The last couple of days I've been a grump. I've whined and complained and looked for the worst in everything. I don't like myself very much when I've got that little black rain cloud hovering over my head, and I can't imagine that other people like me much when I'm Captain Bring-down, so I decided tonight to try to cultivate a more positive attitude. Sometimes it will be hard, and this doesn't mean I won't still vent and whine and grumble. But I'm going to try to recognize the blessings I have and look for ones I haven't noticed yet, rather than dwelling on the things in my life that are less than perfect. And I'm going to try to find the gumption to actually *do* something about things that bother me, instead of just bitching about them. If I manage to do both of those things, 2005 should be an interesting year indeed!

I used my Target gift cards tonight - new phones to replace the old crapped-out ones (plugged 'em in, voila, dial tone!), and a new stereo for the bedroom! I still had my old stereo that I bought in 1989 when I moved into my first apartment (if I remember correctly, my mother bought that for me for my birthday - $750 on sale! Some things have changed for the better - I got the new one for just $160). I got a little Sony bookshelf system with a six-disc changer, bass boost, and more power than my big ol' rack system! It's a neat-looking little stereo, and I like the sound. I'll have a nice place to put it when J's room is rearranged for the big boy bed. I'll move his little dresser into my room, and put my stereo up there.

Right now I'm waiting for laundry to dry and enjoying a lovely glass of red wine while I wait and type. Bolla Sangiovese di Romagna, I think that's my new favorite red wine. I found some blue goblets in the big box o' wedding gifts, and they make good wine glasses - nice and big. :-) Hopefully the laundry won't take too long - it would be nice to get to bed before midnight for once!

No comments: