Thursday, December 02, 2004

Thursday night.

Wine after a dinner consisting of half a container of yogurt, a chocolate pot de creme and half a piece of bacon makes for a HAPPY Lisa. :-) I'm following the wine up with a chocolate chip cookie - how's that for nutrition? (I promise, my eating habits aren't always this terrible, and I really can cook!) J ate better than I did - he had soup, applesauce, yogurt (all of his and half of mine, the little thief!), salad (OK, six little pieces of lettuce with a little ranch dressing), and a couple of crackers! What can I say, it was grazing night at our house.

I'm better than I was earlier. K and I had a good talk tonight.. We are on the same page about our relationship, my concerns/thoughts were groundless. I asked him if he had to decide right now where he sees us ending up, reconciling or divorcing, what would he say, honestly. He said he saw us getting divorced, that he just couldn't see us getting back together after all that's happened. I agreed - I think if either of us were going to say, "hey, wait a minute, let's fix things", we would have done it by now. And the fact that I never tried to talk him out of moving out when the topic first came up way back when speaks volumes to me. We talked about lots of things, up to and including what all is involved in getting divorced in Texas, what the hearing would be like (i.e., would there be a need for lots of witnesses and testimony - no, not unless there's a big dispute about anything - I'm pretty sure all that would be needed would be the basic prove-up questions about residency in the county and state and whether we think the marriage is truly insupportable with no hope of reconciliation), speculation as to what court costs would run. It was an interesting conversation, and a good one. I'm glad he and I can talk about these things without throwing things or having fits. So unless something *really* strange happens, it looks like divorce is in my future somewhere down the road. Two months, six months, who knows, but it's coming. And I'm OK with that - yes, it will be a change, yes, there will be difficult parts about it, yes, it will be an adjustment, for me and for K and for J. But change is not necessarily bad, and I know the end of a marriage is not the end of the world. And I'm glad K and I talked - good to know we are still on the same page about this. What would really suck is if, somewhere along the way, one of us wanted to fix things and the other didn't. Seems like that would be a much more difficult situation.

And now for something completely different! My son is the cutest thing ever. (Good thing he's got blond hair and blue eyes, I seem to have a thing for them! LOLOL) Playing with him and hearing him let out a big ol' belly laugh is the greatest thing in the world. I love it when he wants me to go somewhere with him and he grabs my hand and says, "Mama, let's go!" I think it's funny that he and another child at daycare were squabbling over who'd get to help the teacher do something - not fighting over a toy, but both wanting to help. He's really good about saying "please", and will occasionally say "bless you" when someone sneezes, and even more occasionally say "thank you". He's getting there - guess I'm doing a little something right. :-)

Yep, it's been a decent end to what started out as a very crappy day. I'm glad of that. And tomorrow? Mental health day, WOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOO!!! If y'all don't see me on here, that means I'm either out running errands and organizing my house, or that I'm taking a long, uninterrupted, much-needed nap. Either way, it's all good.

No comments: