Monday, December 13, 2004

Is there anything better...

than the smell of melted chocolate? I'm making a new recipe this morning, Black Mamba Cookies, and they look absolutely sinful. The first batch is about to come out of the oven. They've got a pound of semisweet chocolate, some unsweetened chocolate, cocoa, chocolate chips, espresso powder and nuts in them. MMMMMM. What's not to like? We'll see how they turn out presently.

I'm also making margarita pies for our team Christmas party tomorrow. I took them for a potluck before, and they were a big hit. They're pretty easy, so I figured they'd be a good party dessert.

OK, this is annoying. The CD player in the living room is skipping like mad. I'll bet it needs cleaning. Either that or my brother's spirit is playing jokes on me.

I'm feeling a little puny today. I started with the cough and scratchy throat last night, so I'm dosing myself with lemon and honey and cognac (not the best taste, but I'm out of bourbon) in hopes of heading off the crud. I don't have time to be sick! I might take a nap after a while. Uninterrupted sleep is always a good thing.

Cookies are done - back soon with a report!

No comments: