Friday, December 10, 2004

Friday!!!!

Hello, friends, I'm finally getting to blog!!! I'm off today and Monday - vacation days are use 'em or lose 'em, I can't take time off for Christmas, so I figured I'd treat myself to a four-day weekend. :-)

I'm sure I've had tons of things on my mind this week. I've learned that without the distraction of the Internet, my job isn't the hellhole I thought, but it is incredibly boring. I'm good at the admin part, but it's no intellectual challenge. I don't like the dealing with people part, although it brings a little interest. So where does that leave me? Still not incredibly happy with where I am - I don't think it's a career position for me. We'll see where things go. I'm considering opening my own practice, but I'd do something completely different if I could make enough at it to support myself and J. I do calligraphy - I'd love to get into that as a money-maker, practice, get better, learn new styles. I could start with invitations, special occasion things, and if I got really good, work my way up to artwork. That would be cool. I like making candles - another fun thing to do. I'd love to be able to invest enough time in it to have a stock of candles on hand to market, maybe start at craft shows, check with local gift stores. And I enjoy Pampered Chef. If I had the financial resources to just quit my job, I'd be perfectly content to have a career doing creative things. See, law school *didn't* kill it entirely! And of course, I'd love to have my Bath Junkie franchise on the side. :-) If a Wells Fargo truck would just let one little bag of cash slip off right outside my house....

I am SO enjoying today. After I dropped J off at daycare, I came home and slept for about three hours. Ah, bliss. I feel rested for the first time in I don't know when. And I get to do it again on Monday!!!! After I got up, I cranked up the stereo and danced around the living room for a while, played the piano (if I play while J is awake, he likes to come play with me, and if he's asleep, I can't really turn loose on the Beethoven), and now I'm watching The Shield. Man, that's a kick-ass show. This afternoon I think I'll watch a little more Shield, make some chocolate pots de creme, run by the grocery store for a couple of things, and if I get real motivated, maybe I'll go pick out J's mattress for the big boy bed. (That's only if I get real motivated, though - may not happen! LOL)

One good thing about very little online time at work - it's given me lots of time to write in my real-life journal. I wrote 17 pages day before yesterday - that's a lot! I've thought about many, many things. I'm going to take a break and get something to eat (just realized all I've eaten today is a handful of chocolate chips - yeah, that's healthy), and I'll be back to write more later.

No comments: