Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Feeling down

Not so much emotionally, just tired and beat down. It feels like it takes more energy than I have to focus on my work. At this point, it's getting to be the end of the year, I know there are certain goals I won't meet, and I just can't bring myself to really care. It's one of those days where I feel like I'm stuck on a perpetual, mind-numbing treadmill of work, like I'll never do anything I truly enjoy, like my dad was right (he was - is - very much of the school of thought that work is something you have to do, it sucks, and it will always suck). I hate it. When you spend so much of your day at a job, you'd at least hope it's something you find moderately enjoyable. Right now I don't feel that way. Blech.

Nothing particularly profound on my mind today, just a good case of the blahs and a need to whine a little bit. Back to my regularly scheduled workday....

No comments: