Wednesday, December 22, 2004

*SIGH*

Great. Just found out I screwed something up big-time. Incorrect distributions were made to 36 people, so now I have to ask for all that money to be sent back, so we can redo them correctly. Another day, another kick in the teeth.

Add to that concerns about the weather - will it freeze, will it not? - and I'm a mess. I'm supposed to be here until 7:00 tonight. I don't have time to take off if we don't close early, and if we don't, I really can't just blow off my late night and leave, since I'm one of three people who will be here to answer phones. But then, I don't get paid enough in one day to cover my insurance deductible if the roads are icy and I have a wreck, and this job sure isn't worth me ending up hurt or worse over. So I don't know what to do. Why do we have to wait until the weather actually *is* bad to decide when so many of us live in outlying areas and commute to work? Does it take a rocket scientist to figure out that if the weather gets bad like they're anticipating, many of us will have a hard time getting home? UGH.

No comments: