Saturday, December 04, 2004

A little Saturday fun

Guess where I am?! I'm at WORK! Happy happy, joy joy. Yep, we got yesterday off, but we had to come in today for a bit to unpack, check to see if computers and phones work, and generally try to get prepared for business as usual on Monday. It's not so bad as I thought, though. I'd rather be doing this stuff now than trying to work around glitches while there's actual work to be done, and the space turned out OK. The building itself is a tad on the depressing side, and I hate not being connected to the downtown tunnels for easy access to a Starbucks. But if I'm desperate, I can walk a few blocks! I'm going to explore in a minute, see where everyone is and see the layout in person. I don't plan to be here too long.

Yesterday was good. It was so nice to get some clutter cleared out!!! I'm nowhere near done, but at least it's a start. I got rid of it all at CD Warehouse and Half Price Books - not a great deal of cash, but I didn't care, so long as I didn't have to take that stuff back home. Of course, just my luck, I got to Half Price Books and opened up the back of my truck only to find that the load had shifted. Before I opened the back gate six inches, I knew I was in trouble. But I was stuck - couldn't catch all the books and CD's, couldn't push them back up to where they wouldn't fall. Finally I just opened the gate and let the law of gravity do its thing. A stack of about ten or twelve big, heavy cookbooks fell on my foot/ankle. OW, OW, OW. It's not serious - hurts a bit, and looks pretty rough, but no permanent harm done. I did have to deal with the embarrassment factor of trying to pick up a shitload of books and CD's out of the parking lot, but a nice woman came over and helped me, so no permanent harm done to my pride, either. :-)

But boy, was I tired last night. I didn't realize what strenuous work it was to go up and down the ladder and move boxes and unpack and repack and organize and rearrange while I was doing it! My back and arms were sore when I woke up this morning. And now I'm at work. I was just learning my way around the old office, and now I'll have to relearn this one. Oh well, we'll all be in the same boat!

Back to work, so I'm not here all afternoon!

No comments: